Saturday, November 17, 2007

Why I'm doing Peace Corps

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

--Mark Twain

Mark Twain said it better than I ever could.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey katie,

i was thinking about going into the peace corps too after undergrad (my dad did it in korea), but i'm not sure. i'm taking a fifth year and applying to grad schools now, but might take a deferment. i'll be sure to check this to see how you're doing. best of luck, josh b. from redwood

The Lazy Caveman said...

Katie,
You're a strong-willed woman and I have no doubt in my mind that you'll have an amazing experience on behalf of the desk jockeys. Looking forward to your adventures!
Good luck,
Badier

Jenny Reed said...

Hi Katie!

I hope you have a great time and I think you'll do awesome in Guinea. I know from some friends that sometimes it can be a little frustrating in the P.C.(it is a govt. bureaucracy after all) but all-in-all they all found it to be an incredibly rewarding experience and many of them continue to go back to the countries they were in. I can't wait to read about your adventures, post pics if you can!
Have fun! Your cousin Jenny