Actually, panic has already set in. I've reached the point where it takes me two to three hours to fall asleep and I'm sure it's just going to get worse.
I received my staging packet (info on orientation) last week, but it wasn't for my Guinea program. All the information in the packet was for Samoa, with a leave date for last month. I wasn't sure what to think because I've run into a lot of problems with P.C. regarding my leave date-- I was initially supposed to leave in July, then it was pushed back to November then December.
Had they switched countries on me without telling me or was this just a mistake? And if they had switched countries on me, then my new group was already training in Samoa, without me!
After I got these inconsistencies cleared up, I received my tickets today for staging (for Guinea!) in Philadelphia and I'll be leaving Seattle earrrrrly in the morning on November 30th. Hopefully I'll be too tired to be emotional at the airport.
I joined the Guinea network on Facebook last week and am already experiencing some of the advances I've been warned about. I keep getting messages from Guinean males that read "A+++++++++++!!!!!" and "come here! here is my number!" I didn't think that I would be experiencing this before I got into the country, but there you are. Guinea is going to be quite a change from America.
P.S. I cut off 12 inches of my hair in the attempt to get more Guinea-ready. Who knows how many times a week I'll be able to wash my hair...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment